Advanced Biofuels Conference 2020 – World-wide capacity expansion with mega-projects
The Swedish Bioenergy Association (Svebio) is organizing the 6th international Advanced Biofuels Conference (ABC) which provides you with the latest on renewable transportation fuels, novel technologies and policy developments. Meet the leading players and experts from around the world in Stockholm at ABC 2020, 15-17 September.
With the European Union’s new Renewable Energy Directive, advanced biofuels are together with conventional biofuels, essential for replacing fossil fuels. International development is booming with several new mega-projects, also for the production of sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) and biochemicals.
With six sessions over two days, the conference will showcase the latest developments in European and international policy, the transition from fossil to renewable fuels and new technologies, latest investments and partnerships. Leading companies will present solutions with current and new production of biofuels. In addition, the development in vehicles and clean biofuels like HVO100, BioCNG, bioethanol and biomethanol, and FAME to complement today’s biofuels blended with fossil fuels.
We are proud to announce as one of our distinguished speakers Lena Ek, Chair of Södra, Sweden’s largest forest owners’ association and one of the country’s largest forest industry groups. With 52 000 members, Södra has control over the entire value chain, from seedling to customers of various forest products.
The group has a clear aim to develop new and sustainable climate-smart products including advanced biofuelsbased on renewable raw materials from the forest and process by-products. As a former Swedish Member of Parliament 1998-2004, Member of the European Parliament 2004-2011 and Minister of the Environment 2011-2014, Lena Ek is exceptionally well-versed in European politics and biofuel policies and climate issues.
THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- High-level delegates and experts which will converge and converse about the current status of biofuels in terms of policy, sustainability, conversion technologies and infrastructure.
- Around 30 internationally renowned speakers that will share the latest updates and real-world experiences on state-of-the art technologies, current projects and future investments.
- Several high-level panel discussions for political debate on lessons learned and success stories on how to move forward in the transition from fossil fuels to renewables.
- Miniexpo with our sponsors and selected exhibitors for business mingle and networking opportunities followed by an evening conference gala dinner situated in a maritime setting.
- Opportunity to visit the newly commissioned E.ON Högbytorp facility, an innovative and unique waste-to-energy combined heat and power plant with integrated biogas plant from municipal organic waste to upgraded biomethane, sold as bioCNG.