Join us for an up-date on market development i the Nordic region!
Come and meet pellet producers, pellet buyers and large users, producers of equipment, consultants and researchers at Nordic Pellets Conference, 4-5 February 2020, in Uppsala, Sweden. The Nordic Pellets Conference is the best place for new business contacts in the Nordic region. All major players will be there!
When and where:
- Study visits: 4 February, 2020
- Conference: 4 – 5 February, 2020
- Conference dinner: 4 February, 2020
- Venue: Elite Hotel Academia, Uppsala, Sweden
- Utilities in big cities like Copenhagen and Helsinki switch from fossil fuels to biomass, both pellets and wood chips.
- New pellet boilers take care of peak load heat in district heating. One such boiler has been built in Uppsala and will be shown on our study tour.
- Due to high carbon taxes new pellet investments take place in the middle scale, at industries, laundries, hotels, etc. We will visit one such installation on our study tour.
Join us for study visits on Tuesday morning, 4 February. The study visits are free for conference delegates but registration is required. Choose between these two study visits:
VISIT 1. Bolandsverket CHP, Vattenfall Värme
An existing hot water boiler with a capacity of 120 MW was reconstructed during 2018 with the aim to change fuel from peat to wood powder thereby decreasing emission of carbon dioxide. Commissioning took place in 2019.
The reconstruction consisted of a new fuel handling system, five new burners for combined use of wood powder as main fuel and biooil as startup fuel and an update of the flue gas cleaning system. The use of pellets during the first season was estimated to 10 000–20 000 tons.
VISIT 2. Pellet heating system, Wiks Castle
The heating system is installed in a separate building for central heating with a capacity of 2 x 499 kW. Pellets is stored in a silo containing 85 cubic meters of pellets. The commissioning took place in September 2019. Several buildings are supplied with heat through a small district heating network. Learn more about a modern reliable heating system adapted to a historical environment.
Conference venue and accommodation
The venue is at Elite Hotel in central Uppsala near the train station. Excellent connections to Stockholm and Arlanda Airport is only 20 minutes away by train. We recommend that you book your accommodation early for best price.
Welcome to Nordic Pellets Conference 2020!