Join our free webinar 100% renewable heating - Sweden RHC ETIP national roundtable
- 25 February 2021, 14:00-15:30 (CET). Can other EU countries learn from the Swedish experience and what should we have done differently?
Europe aims for 100 percent renewable heating and cooling. Sweden is almost already there. Only fossil fuels in waste and minor volumes of peak oil remain to replace. But even for these peak load boilers there are often investment plans in place to switch fuels.
- How did we manage to become fossil free in the cold Nordic Scandinavia?
- Which were the main reasons and decisions that made it happen?
- The main shift has been to more bioenergy and to heat pumps. Why?
- Is there enough electricity and can the biomass be supplied sustainably when such large volumes are needed?
- Place: Online, via Zoom
- Date: February 25, 2021
- Time: 14:00 – 15:30 (CET, Stockholm)
- Participation is free of charge but registration necessary.
The National Round Tables are part of the European Technology and Innovation Platform on Renewable Heating & Cooling (RHC-ETIP) and represent a series of panel discussions involving policymakers and relevant stakeholders. Following similar National Round Tables in Estonia, Finland, Lithuania, The Netherlands and Ireland. This National Round Table will focus on the challenges and opportunities in Czechia.
The webinar is organised on behalf of the European Technology and Innovation Platform on Renewable Heating and Cooling (RHC ETIP).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 825998.