The introduction and expansion of biomass use in Swedish district heating systems
Karin Ericsson, Lund University Sweden, and Hans Werner, Halmstad University Sweden, have recently published the article "The introduction and expansion of biomass use in Swedish district heating systems", in Biomass & Bioenergy.
- Introducing and expanding biomass in the Swedish district heating systems.
- National policy instruments and local initiatives promoted this development.
- Resources, skills and structures in the forest industry were important.
- Initially, co-firing and the use of biomass in existing fossil fuel boilers.
- Current direct biomass use may be challenged in the future.