Europe is ready for advanced biofuels – Hear from the experts on 18-19 September in Stockholm!
The Swedish Bioenergy Association is organizing the 5th Advanced Biofuels Conference which provides you with the latest on renewable fuels, novel technologies and what is going on in biofuels policy and new production. Meet the leading actors, experts and companies from around the world. This event is for you on sustainable transportation: "Europe is ready for advanced biofuels!".
Sweden has set a course for net zero climate emissions in the transport sector by 2045. The EU has decided on levels for advanced biofuels but has limited crop-based biofuels up to 2030. All this changes the conditions for future investments. The conference gives you insights on how the goals can be achieved.
There is a wide range of new technologies and projects. But will these be realized and will we be able to reverse global warming and at the same time develop the transport sector?
THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- About 170 international delegates from over 20 countries who will converse about current
status for biofuels in politics, policy, transportation, climate benefit and sustainability.
- 30 renowned international speakers that will share the latest updates and experiences
on state-of-the-art technologies, current projects and multi-million EUR investments in bioeconomy and biorefineries.
- Top behind-the-scenes study visits on 17 September to RISE’s advanced processes
research centre in Södertälje and Scania’s Production Facility for heavy-duty vehicles.
- Workshop on policy, institutional framework and the role of the financial sector for
deployment and upscaling of biorefineries for large scale biofuel production – what
is needed to propel the development?
- Packed conference days on transportation biofuels for road, rail, shipping and aviation
including also special biofuels like liquefied biogas LBG), bioethanol ED95, biomarine
and sustainable aviation fuel.
- Panel discussions on the new climate policy and proposals for advanced biofuels.
WHAT IS HOT AND NEW, WHAT ISSUES WILL BE ADDRESSED?
- The transportation fuel market is changing rapidly in Sweden and Europe. Nordic companies such as SunPine, Neste, RenFuel, SCA, PyroCell, St1, Preem and Södra are investing in
new production. Experts and leading companies will present their news and expertise.
- Reduction obligation quota policy provides the direction for phasing out fossil fuels.
But what is the market effect on high-blend biofuels? How should we reach fossil-free
transport with the existing market?
- What does cap in EU on crop-based biofuels and palm oil phase-out mean in reality?
What happens in the US, Canada and Asia?
- Bio-based fuels for aviation and shipping, how will this change the industry and travel?
How much will be available and how should will these be introduced to society as a whole?
Come, listen, discuss and understand how this affects
all players in transport, environment and climate!