ABC 2020 – the role of renewable diesel
The Swedish Bioenergy Association (Svebio) is organizing the 6th Advanced Biofuels Conference (ABC) which provides you with the latest on renewable transportation fuels, novel technologies and policy developments. Meet the leading players and experts from around the world in Stockholm at ABC 2020, September 15-17.
With the European Union’s (EU) new Renewable Energy Directive, advanced biofuels are together with conventional so-called first-generation biofuels, essential for replacing fossil fuels. International development is booming with several new mega-projects, also for the production of sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) and biochemicals.
With six sessions over two days, the conference will showcase the latest developments in European and international policy, the transition from fossil to renewable fuels and new technologies, investments and partnerships. Leading companies will present solutions with current and new production of biofuels. In addition, the development in vehicles and clean biofuels like HVO100, bioCNG, ethanol and methanol, and FAME to complement today’s biofuels blended with fossil fuels.
Session 4 “Future for road transportation – where are we heading?” will feature amongst others Per Emanuelsson, Head of Branded Sales, Neste Sweden – theSwedish subsidiary of Finland-headed oil refiner, renewable products producer and distributor Neste Oyj. Neste is the world’s largest renewable diesel and sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) producer with state-of-the-art biorefinery operations in Finland, the Netherlands and Singapore. Mr Emanuelsson will share some of Neste’s road transportation and heavy-duty vehicle (HDV) market insights, both in the Nordics and overseas. For example, in the United States (US) where Neste has made inroads in California (CA) and Oregon (OR).
THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- High-level delegates and experts which will converge and converse about the current status of biofuels in terms of policy, sustainability, conversion technologies and infrastructure.
- Around 30 internationally renowned speakers that will share the latest updates and real-world experiences on state-of-the art technologies, current projects and future investments.
- Several high-level panel discussions for political debate on lessons learned and success stories on how to move forward in the transition from fossil fuels to renewables.
- Miniexpo with our sponsors and selected exhibitors for business mingle and networking opportunities followed by an evening conference gala dinner situated in a maritime setting.
- Opportunity to visit the newly commissioned E.ON Högbytorp facility, an innovative and unique waste-to-energy combined heat and power plant with integrated biogas plant from municipal organic waste to upgraded biomethane, sold as bioCNG.