Policy, market development and technology at Nordic Pellets 2018 - Here are some good reasons why you should participate!
It is soon time for Nordic Pellets 2018, 30-31 January in Helsingborg. We hope you have signed up already so you do not miss our interesting speakers and the opportunity to network with new and old colleagues?
Here are some good reasons why you should participate:
- Nordic pellets 2018 gives you an update of the market development in the Nordic region.The situation is strained at the moment. Prices on pellets and wood chips are increasing, and the industry has difficulties obtaining raw materials, not least because of the wet winter weather, which has stopped the forest harvesting in many places in southern Sweden and in the Baltic countries.
- Gilles Gauthier, General Manager of the European Pellet Council, reports on the market development of pellets in Europe. An interesting lecture with updated statistics.
- Oskar Larsson from the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency will tell us more about climate actions in Sweden. Sweden has set out to be one of the first welfare states in the world to become fossil free. This transition offers new opportunities for the pellet industry.
- Per Harsem will talk about Fortum’s HorsePower service concept that is a new example of a circular economy solution that could help resolve stable bedding and manure management issues while providing a biomass fuel for heat and power plants in Sweden.
- For manufacturers, the morning of day two will be extra interesting. Michael Finell, SLU, Werner Sitzmann, Amandus Kahl, and Wilfried Pichler, Holzforschung in Austria, will talk about optimizing quality and energy consumption in pellet production.
- Of course, the most important thing is to meet professionals, to get an idea of what’s happening in the industry and to lay the foundation for relationships that you can do business with or run projects with, as well as having a good time!
It is still possible to join the study visit to Västhamnsverket and participate in the conference dinner.
See you in Helsingborg 30-31 January 2018!