WBA is organizing a webinar – Where Are the Biomass Opportunities?
The webinar will be held on May 17th 2017 (14.00 – 16.00 UTC).
Registrants can either watch it live, or see a recorded version at a convenient time and date. The webinar shows registrants that sustainable biomass out there and this is just the tip of the iceberg.
- See how 30-year-old sawmill residue piles can become the biomass equivalent of an “oil gusher”.
- Clearing 100,000 ha of encroaching Acacia Thornbush in Namibia can save the cheetah habitat, restore mixed woodland/savannah landscape, and create 100’s of jobs in a region of 60% unemployment.
- See how dwindling supply of fresh sawmill bark allowed pellet producers to explore sustainable forest harvest residues, which Scandinavians have done for decades.
- See how Sugar Cane Bagasse in Brazil can be re-directed into efficient bioenergy.
- See how hundreds of Chinese farmers earn much needed income by hauling excess agriculture biomass supply centres.
Some of the featured speakers include:
- CHINA – Kelvin Hong, Chairman, Great Resources Group
- AUSTRALIA – Andrew Lang – Vice President WBA
- BRAZIL – Germano Vieira Aguia, Forest Director, Eldorado
- NEW ZEALAND – Brian Cox, Exec Dir, Bioenergy Association of NZ
- CANADA – Douglas Bradley, President, Climate Change Solutions
- NAMBIA – Dagmar Honsbein, Director, Namibia Biomass Industry Group
- CANADA – Sylvie Fontaine, Exec Director, Hearst Economic Development
- BRAZIL – Zilmar de Souza, UNICA